WordPress blog site – is this the right type of site for me?
Websites built with WordPress or other blogging platforms like Posterous or Tumblr can be a great replacement for a full website. Well written and relevant news articles and posts are brilliant way to market your business. If you are a single person running a small business it’s an ideal replacement for a full website. If you are running a larger company then there are ways a blog can be used for marketing certain parts of your business.
It’s less expensive to design and build, and you can manage it yourself.
Some reasons we love blogs:
- They are fully customisable so the design can vary radically!
- You can showcase pictures from and tell stories about the projects you have worked on
- You can promote the work of your favourite clients and suppliers.
- A blog site is easy to update and most people can learn the basic skills within a 40 minute training session
- You can write a number of different types of articles – for some examples have a look at this article about the different types of blog posts.
- They easily integrate with social media such as Twitter and Flickr and Facebook
- You can write articles about the different services you provide
- You can easily include video embedded from Vimeo or YouTube.
- A blog which is regularly updated means there is fresh content all the time which means it’s a more interesting site to go and visit.
- Having a regularly updated blog on the site is also great for search engines. Each time you add a page to your blog, you create another page on the internet, and this means search engines are more likely to find your site when people search for you.
- You can pre-set when you would like your blog posts to go “live” and go back and change them whenever you like.
- Blog posts can be easily shared on the internet through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
If you would like more information on the different options for setting up a blog, please email us and we will be happy to help!